Evocus is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Evocus may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and payment details
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To process your order and obtain payment
- Internal record-keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
- Account-related cookies
- Login-related cookies
- Email newsletter-related cookies
- This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- Orders processing-related cookies
- This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
- Survey-related cookies
- Forms-related cookies
- When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- Site preferences cookies
- In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
- For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- Third-party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
- As we sell products it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
However if you are still looking for more information, you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Data Protection Terms and Conditions
These are the terms and conditions for the contract between:
– us, Evocus
– you, our customer;
for us to supply goods or services as requested by you.
- For the purposes of the contract, you are the ‘data controller’ and we are the ‘data processor’ for personal data processed in connection with the contract, as per the meanings given to them under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In some circumstances we may also be a ‘data controller’ regarding the methods of processing data to facilitate the contract.
- When we process personal data for the purpose of the contract we will do the following:
- a) Do so only for the purpose of meeting our obligations under the contract, or where the law permits us to do so.
- b) Comply with all relevant instructions or requests you give us about processing this personal data.
- c) Take appropriate security measures to protect this personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing, and accidental loss, destruction or damage.
- d) Not allow this personal data to be transferred out of, or processed outside, the European Economic Area, unless we have taken such measures as are necessary to ensure the transfer is compliant with all applicable data protection law.
- e) Not pass this personal data to any third party (other than our sub-contractors and key service providers) unless there is a legal statutory obligation to do so or we have your permission in writing.
- f) Provide reasonable and timely assistance to assist you in dealing with data protection related requests relating to data we hold, including to respond to any request from a data subject to exercise any of its rights under Applicable Data Protection Law and respond to any other correspondence, enquiry or complaint received from a data subject, regulator or other third party in connection with the data we hold.
- g) Inform you of any high-risk activities relating to your data.
- h) Inform you of any data breaches relating to your data without undue delay.
- i) Make sure that all our personnel who need access to this personal data for the purpose of the contract keep to this clause.
- j) Provide an encrypted credit card payment facility through SagePay or Paypal, or alternatively provide our bank details for direct payments into our account. If payment is to be taken over the phone this will be done by specially trained staff and credit card details will be imputed into an encrypted payment facility and not retained.